Background

Monday, June 2, 2014

Travel Day... One day before Leah becomes a big sister.



Today we traveled from Beijing, a city of 20 million, to Zhengzhou where Ben will be brought to us.  Zhengzhou, pronounced Gin-Joel in hillbilly phonics, is another 3-5 million city the world never knew existed or at least I didn’t.  Other than being the new kids in town it seems like home because we wasted no time in getting a shopping party assembled and tracked down the street to Wal-Mart.  Cary and I spent an hour plus buying two bags of snacks, soda / water, and fruit.  Same long lines half way around the world and you have to think Sam Walton is smiling somewhere.

Leah and I continue to get a lot of looks and I keep telling her they’ve never seen a white man with such a big neck.  She validated my theory when she overheard some of them say, ”Look there’s the man they couldn’t hang because the rope just slipped off”. Cary says it's her blonde hair drawing everyone's attention and I really hope that's the case.

Leah told me earlier she didn’t want to share her toys with the other kids who just showed up with other families today.  So tomorrow will go smother if she has a change of heart overnight, but we’re hoping Ben will win her over and she finds her newest best friend.  It’s getting late and we have a big day tomorrow, so keep us in your thoughts and prayers.  Cary has been buzzing around the room nesting the last hour and will be back in the blogger’s chair tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited for you all! Can't wait to see more pics and hear about gotcha day!

Anonymous said...

Sorry...forgot to sign my name.
Jenny Alverso

Anonymous said...

I keep refreshing your blog in hopes of seeing your family day photos! I'm anxiously awaiting. . . . How blessed you are to have another.
Lynette