Background

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Farewell China

My little blogger is in my lap this evening helping me write my "farewell to China" post.  I have so many thoughts running through my head right now.  I'm excited to be leaving for home in a few hours, however I'm sad that our girl will be leaving her homeland along with all that she knows and loves.  I know that there are people here in China who loved our girl enough to give her a chance for a better life, and a special caretaker that cried when she talked about her little WanYi.  I hope that Dave and I can live up to their expectations.  Several folks have told us how lucky our girl is to be going to America, I happen to think that we are the ones who are lucky and have been truly blessed with our own little angel from China. 

I want to thank everyone for their kind comments to our posts and especially for remembering us in prayer -  not only over the past three weeks, but over the past five years as we have patiently (and sometimes not so patiently) waited on God to prepare the perfect little person for us.  We know that He definitely has a plan for our girl and we are humbled and honored for being selected as Leah's parents. 

We seriously debated on going to the Disney Resort today, but in the end decided Leah was probably too young to enjoy the experience.  Instead we spent the afternoon in Kowloon Park and browsed through a few of the shops downtown.  A leisurely way to end a magical trip.

Dave purchased this stroller over a week ago.  Today is the first day Leah has spent any real time riding along.

The girl loves to play peek-a-boo.  In this photo you can see the two bottom teeth that can have come in this week.


6 comments:

KimR. said...

Safe journeys, Cary. I can't wait to meet your beautiful girl.

Sherri said...

Safe travels and I can't believe your coming home already, seems like you just got there.

debspears@zoominternet.net said...

have enjoyed your trip alot will hope to see and meet leah soon, love and prayers debbie

MommaT said...

Gosh, she is just adorable and we are just so happy for you two...hopefully one day we can all meet again!

lymanfamilyfun said...

Welcome Home to the USA sweet Leah! Gracie Lin misses you this week! Enjoy your wonderful new family and new home! We love you guys! The Lyman's

Karen Karr said...

Ahh, I can see from that last picture that you have fallen in love with Leah :)
So wonderful for you, Dave and Leah!