Background

Monday, October 17, 2011

Mid trip packing.

Most writers write because they feel a need to write, I write tonight to avoid helping Cary pack for our trip tomorrow.  Actually my packing methods do not suit Cary and standing to the side seems easier.  But when it comes to changing diapers I'm front and center.  We havn't mastered the solo change for baby bombs yet, so I hold and position Leah for the right angle for Cary to wipe up the green goo that somehow comes from white milk.  I find the whole diaper changing thing as one of my fatherly strengths, no smell can sway my focus on ensuring Leah's little booty is clean as sunshine.   It says alot about me if this is a strength.

We leave tomorrow for our last paper processing at the US consulate.  Leah has to take an oath to be a good US citizen and not drive her parents into early dimentia.  I'm recording it as proof for later when her sweet 16 coinsides with my semi-sweet 60.  Cary and I both feel so blessed and thankful she is ours and look forward our family finding our way.

Cary is very sad about leaving tomorrow since it means our return to normal life is close at hand.  My sadness is eased by thoughts of laying on my TemperPedic bed back home, boy these beds are hard over here.  The Chinese people are tough and I hope we never go to war with them, anybody who could sleep in these beds and fight the next day is not to be messed with.  Everyone in China has been so nice to us and we plan to come back when Leah is older.

Cary is close to finishing so I better stop and help a little, got to save some face even though she knows my shallow intent.  

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey there! I think you will find the beds at the China hotel to be super comfortable. Keep posting from GZ as that was where we were the WHOLE time. I am so jealous that you got to see some wonderful parts of China. Interested to hear your thoughts on GZ!

Polar Bear said...

Mmmmm Hmmmmm... That line sounds so familiar, "I don't do it as well as you, so I'll let you do it." Now I know...
;o)

You won't really know the full strength you have for diaper changing until you get the teething burst of squirts in the diaper. My strength was even tested on a couple of those puppies. Hold on!

Miss you guys!! Can't wait until you are all home! I hope the beds are a bit better in GZ. If I remember correctly they were, but not much better and not nearly as good as home sweet home!

Stacy

Sue C said...

Happy traveling! Praying Leah will find flying delightful. Loved reading your blog. Can't wait to see Leah.

MommaT said...

Dude I miss you and your sense of humor! You are a great Dad!!