Background

Sunday, October 9, 2011

The night before parenthood - by Dave

Cary wanted my thoughts so far an I'm obliging her since she is in a state of nervous panic.  I'm nervous about what tomorrow brings as well, but I know the prayers over the years will make an uneasy situation as natural as every parent hopes for. 

Our hotel room for the next 10 days is wonderful, 4 star from a country boy's perspective.  We're on the 30th floor and view is pretty awesome, the only real concern is being at Godzilla's fire breathing height.  I shouldn't give Godzilla to hard a time since most of the tailors in Hong Kong thought I was his baby brother yesterday, they called me Neckzilla as I walked by.  The laser show in down town Hong Kong harbor was less than we spectacular.  After waiting around for 3 hours it was over before it started.  When the fireworks in Ashland is your point of reference to make you feel cheated speaks volumes.  Definitely not on my return trip plans. 

Everyone in our group is extremely nice and I know they're just as anxious to get their daughter as we are.  The Chinese people been wonderful as well, only the small lady I stepped on in the elevator has given us anything but a smile.  She finally smiled after I said I was sorry three times, there's one in every crowd. 

For those who know me as a constant team player, I haven't and won't let you down.  I plan to start training Leah first thing tomorrow, while everyone is swimming by the pool we'll be renting a stroller and seeing the town.  No licence required.

Pray for us that Leah isn't the screamer every group seems to have.  I fortunately packed my Bose noise reducing headphones, but Cary isn't as fortunate. 

3 comments:

Polar Bear said...

We are so excited for you, Neckzilla!!
Our prayers are with all of you as your life takes on this new and amazing journey in a mere 11 hours or so. Just remember, if Leah is the screamer ~ Heaven forbid ~ you will be the family that EVERYONE in your group will always remember. ;o)

Ryan says you will have to wait until after all the paperwork you will be inundated with before you trek out for your stroller adventure. :o)

Lots of love, good thoughts, and prayers to all three of you as you begin this amazing new chapter in your life. It is worth EVERY minute that you've waited ~ Promise!

Love,
Ryan, Stacy, and Zac

Keek said...

Wooo hooo! So excited to see Leah in your arms! Love your blog and am so glad you shared it! I also love seeing you all together. I don't know if I'll sleep tonight, so I can't imagine any of you will either!

Autumn said...

I knew Dave would not take one for the team even after hours of prayer!!!